Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Trepidation

I'm a recovering journalist who's going to become an instant college professor. In a matter of weeks, I have to sell my house on the East Coast, pack my things, fly across country with my wife and an elderly cat, and start teaching journalism at San Francisco State University. Believe me, I'm in a rush.

I've had some teaching experience more than a decade ago, so this is not totally new to me. (I can explain more about later. ) This time, however, it's a full-fledged professional conversion.

I'm excited. A recent national magazine reported that "college professor" rates as the No. 2 top job in the nation. But I'm also a tad scared. How would you feel? Can we talk? More, later.

--Posted by Jon, the rookie professor, in New York

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home